Freephone: 0800 222 9500
Mon - Sun | 8 am - 8 pm

International Divorce

Book your
Free Consultation

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Telephone Number(required)

Your Situation(required)

Preferred Date

Preferred Time


Enter Captcha

If either you or your spouse are from outside of the UK, currently live abroad or you were married overseas, this adds an international element to your divorce. We have extensive experience dealing with international cases so can swiftly guide you through your possible options.

When an international case involves children we understand this can become very sensitive, particularly when you or your spouse are considering traveling or living abroad – meaning your child(ren) may be staying in a different country to one of their parents.

Child moving abroad?

It is increasingly common now for parents and children to move around the globe for work or family reasons. Anyone wishing to remove a child from the jurisdiction of England & Wales must have the correct permissions, either by seeking permission from the other parent, or through a pre-existing right. We can advise what your rights currently are and how to extend them if you wish.

If an ex-partner wants to take your child to live abroad but you do not agree, we can advise on the legal steps you can take to prevent this or to ensure you still have sufficient contact with the child after their move.

On the other hand, if you wish to move abroad with a child, we can provide advice on your right to do so and any steps you must take to legalise the arrangement.

We can negotiate robustly on your behalf to settle childcare arrangements swiftly and effectively out of Court. If this is not possible we can advise on the range of Court Orders that may be available and make an application on your behalf. We have the expertise to represent you in a number of types of cases and also have links to top barristers in the child law field who can also represent you if required.


We can also advise on your rights in relation to taking holidays with children or blocking any unsuitable holidays another parent has proposed.

International Child Abduction

If your child has been moved temporarily or permanently out of the UK without your permission this may be considered abduction. We can advise you what your immediate and long term actions should be, and can help you get a court order for contact with your child.

If you have concerns about abduction but no action has been taken by the other parent yet we can advise you what your legal options are to protect your child and make sure they remain safely in the UK.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us – we have the expertise to act swiftly and effectively on your behalf. Our team of highly experienced, discreet and efficient solicitors are here to help you every day of the week from Monday to Sunday, 8am to 8pm. Call us today on 0800 222 9500 if you have any concerns about your situation. We offer a free initial consultation if you are unsure about what steps to take – you can book this over the phone or using the form on the right.

Call Us Free

0800 222 9500

to find out more